We all dream of having long, thick, and healthy hair! Don’t we? Both men and women alike want to get and keep their hair to be in great shape and texture. Healthy hair is accommodated with features like strong, silky, and smooth. This type of hair shines bright and makes people look neat and tidy is the kind of hair health most people always struggle to achieve.
Do you wish to get that long, silky hair for yourself? Here we have mentioned some of the most proven and effective ways to keep your hair great and healthy.
1) You must wash hair twice a week
If you wash your hair twice a week, it will help prevent the build-up of hair care products, which can be drying to the hair. How often you wash your hair depends entirely on the type of your hair and its texture. You must see what’s best for you by seeing how your hair reacts to different washing and hair care products, and develop a routine from there. For example:
Your hair is considered fine or oily if it feels greasy the day after you wash it- this means you need to wash it regularly.
Your hair is categorized as normal if you wash it one day and it’s not too greasy the next- this means you can get away with washing it daily.
Some of the Shampoo Tips:
- You must remember to shampoo in small, circular movements and do not forget to target the dirt collecting areas such as the nape of your neck.
- If you massage your scalp it will help you to increase blood flow which encourages growth and will stimulate your hair’s natural oils or produce shiny locks.
- If you are the one with coarse or dry hair, your hair will benefit from hydrating shampoos.
- Fine or oily hair should be washed with a clarifying shampoo to the one that doesn’t look creamy.
- If you are the one with normal hair and can use just about any type of shampoo, you must remember to always use good quality products for the best results.
Some of the Conditioner Tips
Just like body lotion works for your skin, conditioner is a moisturizer for your hair that will keep your strands hydrated and manageable.
- Conditioner must be applied evenly and to achieve that you can use your hands or a wide-toothed comb.
- If you have got coarse or dry hair, you must try a hydrating conditioner and apply it right from your roots to your ends.
- People with fine or oily hair must use a lightweight conditioner and avoid putting it on your roots. And the secret is to evenly distribute it from the mid-lengths to the ends.
- For normal hair, you can use just about any kind of conditioner and apply it from your roots to your ends also.
- Detangling Your Hair
- If you want added moisture you must apply a leave-in conditioner after your shower. These leave-in products are good for two reasons: firstly, they easily detangle your hair and secondly, they help you to have smoother shinier tresses.
- To detangle your hair you must invest in high-quality and natural bristle brushes. The type of bristles that are present on your brush can affect the look and shape of your hair. A good bristle brush will distribute the natural oils on your scalp down your hair shaft and will smooth out your tresses.
You need to pick a brush that’s labelled as natural-bristle. If you are having trouble picking a brush, you can ask any hairstylist for help. They can advise you on which brush that is perfect for you.
- It is advised to brush your hair twice a day if it’s straight. Regular brushing will keep your hair free of tangles and distributes your natural oils. However, too much brushing hair can leave your hair greasy and might increase your risk of breakage.
You can develop a habit of brushing your hair after you wash it and again either in the morning or at night as per your choice. You must brush your hair in the morning if you shower at night or night if you shower in the morning.
- Using a wide-tooth comb on curly or textured hair while conditioning it is highly recommended. You have probably noticed that combing your curly or textured hair creates frizz. The best time to comb them is actually while you take the shower.
- Style Your Hair
- Styling our hair is very much common these days, whether they are elegant updos, professional-looking hairdos for office or even casual wash-and-wear looks. Styling is required by some on a daily basis and should be done as gently as possible.
If you do a hairstyle that needs to use hair styling products like hair sprays wax or serum for shining and to maintain the fly-away pieces- then do not use too much! You may end up weighing your hair down and reducing its volume, or just making it greasy, oily and dirty.
- You can use the volumizing spray if you have thin and fine hair. Fine hair can be great, but you might want to have more volume. Fortunately, it’s super easy to add a little boost to your style by volumizing spray.
- It is advised to apply a heat protectant before using heat styling tools. Heat protectants can simply reduce the risk of damage that’s been caused to your hair, though they won’t completely prevent it.
Spray the heat protectant product on your hair before you dry wet hair or before styling dry hair. If your product is a cream, simply put a dab of the product on your palm, then rub your hands together, and apply the product on your tresses.
- You only need to apply your heat protectant only once. If you apply it on hair before blow-drying wet hair, you do not need to put on more before using a flat iron or curling iron. Since every product is different, we recommend you read the instructions on your heat protectant before using it.
- Give Your Hair A Trim
- You must make sure that you get your hair regularly trimmed. You must trim it by a professional barber or stylist? If you have short hair, you should get it trimmed every 4 to 8 weeks, while the recommended period for trimming for the medium hair to long hair is 6 to 12 weeks.
- Trimming Hair aids the hair with its growth. It might sound counterproductive to you, but this is the truth. This is because regular trims help in removing damaged hair and split ends, thus promoting further hair growth from the roots. And most importantly, if you trim your ends, it will make your hair softer and more flexible, thereby preventing hair breakage.
These were some simple steps for great hair. It is not hard to follow, it won’t have you spending all of your hard-earned cash. You can achieve great hair as you desire.
If you are facing severe hair loss due to androgenic alopecia or male pattern baldness then you should look for our Medicated Anti-Hair loss kit designed by our dermatologist which includes: