Vaishno Devi Temple
- Vaishno Devi Temple is one of the most famous Hindu Temple. It is situated in Katra village at Trikuta Mountains which comes under the Reasi district of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Temple is at the peak of 5200 ft. from sea level and approx 13 km. far from Katra village.
- The mandir is always open to its devotees. According to reports 10 million people per year visit here to see this temple.
- There is no statue of Maa Vaishnavi inside the cave. But there is three construction of stone inside the cave and they are called Pindis. And it is believed that these Pindis are of Maa Kali, Maa Saraswati, and Maa Laxmi.
Story/Mythology of Vaishno Devi Temple
- Maa Vaishnavi was born in South India at the house of Ratnakar Sagar. Her name was Trikuta. She was the devotee of Lord Vishnu. When she was nine years old she has started pray to Lord Rama at the seaside.
- At that time Rama was going to Lanka. They saw the Vaishnavi and were happy from her pray. So they blessed her and said that she will know as Vaishno Devi in the future. She wants to marry him. But Rama refuse it and said that he can’t do this. But they ensure that they will marry her in Kaliyug when they will take the avatar of Kalki.
- After that Rama told her that go into Manik Mountain in the Northeast and meditate inside a cave. After listening to this she had gone there, but their entire conversation had already been heard by Gorakhnath. He wanted to know the entire truth of Maa Vaishnavi. So he sends his student Bhairavnath. When Bhairavnath chasing the Maa Vaishnavi he got mad at her beauty. He wants to marry them. But Maa refuses him. When she was going inside the cave for meditation she said to Lord Hanuman that protect the cave and doesn’t send anyone inside the cave till 9 months. Bhairavnath tried several times but he did not succeed in his mission due to Hanuman. When the meditation period was over and Bhairavnath was still trying to enter a cave. She got angry at him and cut her head from his neck. After this, he apologized to Maa Vaishno Devi and called her Maa, and said that he doesn’t want that people remembered him for his evil work. So Maa Vaishnavi forgive him and said that my worship will remain incomplete until the people don’t remember you.
Why Vaishno Devi Temple is famous
- People believe that Maa Vaishnavi herself calls its devotees. And she fulfilled everyone’s wishes. Vaishno Devi Mandir is the richest temple in India. The temple has an annual income of 500 crores. People have unbelievable faith in this temple.
Vaishno Devi Yatra
- Vaishno Devi Yatra starts from the Katra village. From Katra, the temple is 13 km. You can opt for ponies and palkis from there. Even a helicopter facility is also available up to Sanji Chhat, which is 9 km far from Katra. And rest of the distance you can cover it by walking or through ponies and palkhis.
Vaishno Devi Temple Weather
Weather report of Vaishno Devi Temple during –
|Summers||Mar to June||6°c – 31°c|
|Monsoon||July to Sep||19°c – 25°c|
|Winter||Oct to Feb.||2°c – 23°c|
How to reach Vaishno Devi Temple
- If you are going by air you have to fly to Jammu Airport which is the nearest airport from Katra. It is approx 50 km. far from Katra. After reaching the airport you can take the bus, taxi from there to Katra Vaishno Devi Temple
- If you are going by train, you have to ticket for Katra Railway Station. After reaching Katra Station you can easily go by walking or electrical vehicle or opt helicopter facility to reach Vaishno Devi Temple.