PLEASE READ AND MAKE SURE YOU FULLY UNDERSTAND OUR REFUND POLICY PRIOR TO MAKING A PAYMENT
This Policy applies to KOOKU Site/ App platforms including without limitation www.KOOKU.app (https://www.KOOKU.app) and other related Site/s or App/s, mobile applications and other online features each a “Site/s or App/s”.
We have provided extensive information for you to view the packages before choosing to subscribe to us. If you have any questions or reservations, please contact us at [email protected] prior to subscribing to our services.
We, being the service providers for contents available through SITE or APP, where you are expected to view packages of your choice after being paid for subscription; unfortunately, all fees to KOOKU for such services are non-refundable.
In case, because of any technical glitch at the time of online transaction, the transaction does not occur, the amount in process of transfer by default goes back into your bank account, automatically through Payment Gateway.
If we receive a chargeback or payment dispute from a credit card company or bank, your service and/or subscription will be suspended without notice.
Applicable chargeback fee will be issued to recover fees passed on to us by the credit company, plus any outstanding balances accrued as a result of the chargeback(s) must be paid in full before service is restored.
Instead of issuing a chargeback, contact us to address any billing issues. Requesting a chargeback or opening any sort of dispute for a valid charge from us is fraud, and is never an appropriate or legal means of obtaining a refund.
‘Kooku Digital Limited’ (referred as ‘We’, ‘Ours’, or ‘Us’) is the owner & operator of https://www.kooku.app ( referred to as “Website”). We respect Your privacy and recognize the need to protect Your Personal data and Information shared with Us. The Data /Personal Data /Information We collect will vary depending upon how You use Our Website.
The words “You” or “Your” or “User” as used herein, refer to the Visitor(s) as well as the Subscriber(s),
3. ACKNOWLEDGMENT AND CONSENT
By accessing and browsing the Website, in any manner, You represent, agree, acknowledge, and consent that You are eighteen (18) years of age or You have attained the age of majority as per the laws of Your state/province/residence/jurisdiction. Persons who don’t meet this criteria are strictly forbidden from accessing or viewing the contents of the Website. We don’t knowingly seek or collect any Personal information from the persons who have not attained the age of majority.
The term or word:
“Information” includes ‘Personal Information or Personal Data’
“Personal data” or “Data” includes ‘Personal Information” or “Personal Data’
“Processing” whenever referred means handling of Your Personal Data by Us, including collecting, protecting, and storing Your Personal Data.
“Sensitive Data” mean Personal Data which may reveal information about racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, trade union activities, physical or mental health, sexual life, genetic or biometric data.
“Personal Information/Data” shall mean any document/information You provide to Us and shall include, without limitation, ‘your name’, ‘phone no’, ‘Your address’, ‘date of birth’, ‘email address’, ‘gender’, ‘photograph’, ‘occupation’, or credit card or debit card or net banking, other payments details, Your identity proof document number, addressee proof document no, details from data base, social media activity, log in id, password and similar other information.
5. USE OF SERVICES / SUBCRIPTION /USER ACCOUNT
To use all the services on the Website or to subscribe, You will need to register using the online registration form and create an account (“Account”). When browsing on the Website, You are not required to provide any Personal Information unless and until You choose to make an Account on the Website. Personal Information about a user is an integral part of Our business.
The Personal Information of each Account is protected by a password. The User and We will take all measures to prevent any unauthorized access to the Account and the Personal Information. We endeavour to safeguard User information to ensure that Personal Information of each Account is kept private; however, We cannot guarantee the security of User Account information.
6. WHAT WE COLLECT
We collect Your information or Personal data to provide You better experience and services. We collect following information or Personal data of Users (“information” or “Data” or “personal data”):
A. When You Browse, We collect and process following Personal Data from Browsers:
1. We collect and process the information such as IP Address, Your browser type and version, time zone setting, and location, browser plug in types and version, smart device information, mobile phone network information, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices You use to access this website;
2. We collect and process Your communication preferences and information about how You use Our Website including the services You viewed or Searched for, page response times, errors, length and number of visits and page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse hovers) as well as the links You clicked on or used.
3. We also collect and process the User submitted Data including the data collected from specific function, for instance a contest or a survey; and Your consents, permissions, or preferences that You give to the Website.
B. When You Subscribe /log in, We collect and process following Personal Data:
1. Your Personal information provided at the time of registration including username or similar identifier, names, address, mailing address, telephone number, email address, financial information. Also, Your photo or video, if such is uploaded to Your profile.
2. Any other data submitted by You, including data collected at Your discretion for a specific function, Your interest, preferences, feedback, survey responses, or any text, image, video, if any uploaded on Website
3. When You are conducting financial transaction, We or Payment gateway or Partner website (‘Third Party’ or ‘Third Party Website’) may collect information such as Your net banking id, debit card /credit card details, ‘Your name’, ‘phone no’, ‘date of birth’, ‘email address’, wallet details, UPI id’s, or any other payment details/methods.
4. Your information may be collected through cookies as provided herein below.
All other data mentioned in Clause 6(A)(1).
We may also collect Personal Information on the Website by information filled in forms or by Your correspondences with Us by way of e-mail or chat, information provided while registering to use the Website, subscribing to any services or products offered on the Website. While using the services available on the Website, We may also store information based on the usage history; this includes, but is not limited to, details of Your subscription, content viewed, event information, clickstream information, and Cookies that may uniquely identify the browser or the Account. We may also collect information about You from any contact that You may have with any of Our or employees, such as, with Our customer support team, in surveys, or through interactions with Our affiliates.
7. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use Your information or Personal data:
1. To provide Our services and service related purpose such as responding to Your queries, and carrying out the transactions You have requested for; enabling You to use the Website; providing You information about services available through Website; Resolving glitches on the Website including addressing any technical problem;
2. Maintain and improve Our services such as navigating Website, and carrying out transaction on Website.
3. To communicate or interact with You (Email add, Phone Nos. etc.)
4. Improve safety and reliability of Our services.
5. Reconcile Bank statement.
6.To prevent fraud and misuse.
7.To protect our interest, interest of other users,
8.Enforcing our rights and interest.
9.For compliance of legal obligations.
10.For Internal business purpose, such as Data analysis, research, developing new features, enhancing and improving experience, identifying usage trends etc.
11.We develop statistics that are helpful to understand how You can use the Website. We use this information in the aggregate to measure the use of the Website and to administer and improve the same. This statistical data is interpreted by Us in Our continuing effort to present on the Website, content that You are seeking in a format You find most helpful. The information We collect and analyze is completely anonymous and is used to improve the services offered on the Website.
8. SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may disclose the information /personal data in following ways:
1. We will share the Personal Information internally with Our employees who are required in the course of business (and solely for the purpose of) to receive and analyse the information. We will not disclose the Personal Information to any third party without Yours explicit consent unless required to do so by law.
2. If We are sold to a third party, or We otherwise becomes subject to a merger, consolidation or acquisition, We will transfer the Personal Information to such third party.
3. We may also use the Personal Information to deliver information to You, in some cases, targeted towards new services, rewards and promotions.
Following are some circumstances under which and people with whom We will share the Personal information from time-to-time:
1. to update Subscriber’s database;
2. with trusted partners who work with us under confidentiality agreements; these entities may use the Personal Information to help communicate with You about Our offers, and Our marketing partners;
3. with companies and/or individuals to perform functions on Our behalf (e.g. processing payments/financial transactions, providing user service, data hosting services), and in such circumstances these companies or individuals will be provided access to only such Personal Information as are required to fulfil their functions;
4. to respond to summons, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
5. to share Personal Information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms and Conditions, or to respond to civil or criminal subpoenas, or other requests by law enforcement personnel or as otherwise required by law;
6. from time to time, to reveal general statistical information about the Website, Visitors and Subscribers, such as number of visitors, number of Subscribers, number and type of services purchased, etc;
7. with third parties such as internal service providers that We may use to facilitate or outsource one or more aspects of the business, product and service operations; however, You may note that these internal service providers will be subject to confidentiality agreements with Us; and
8. with government agencies mandated under the law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
9. PROTECTION OF INFORMATION/PERSONAL DATA
1.We take all steps reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. Any Personal Information that We collect and store is protected using appropriate means. Although We are committed to preventing others from unauthorized access to the Personal Information, We will not be held responsible for any unauthorized access by third parties.
2.We assure You that Your information is safe and secure. We use industry standards, physical, technical and administrative security measures to keep Your Personal information safe.
3.We store data in password protected servers with limited access to the employees and other personnel consultants on need to know basis.
4.In order to make every effort to ensure that the Visitor’s /Subscriber’s experience at the Website is secure, We use encryption technology to protect the Visitor/Subscriber against the loss, misuse or alteration of the Personal Information.
5.Your payment information such as net banking, etc. are protected through use of encryption technology.
6.Access to Your online account on the Website is password protected, You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of that password. To ensure safety of Your personal information, You are advised against sharing Your user name and password with any one
10. INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
Our business may require transfers of personal information between associates, subsidiary, sister concerns, as well as to third parties where we do business or avail their services. These third party may be based outside European Economic Area (EEA). While processing Your personal data to these third parties We ensure similar degree of protection as it employed to the data processed by Us. We further ensure the following safeguards:
1.Where required We implement Standard Contractual Clauses approved by EU Commission or similar contractual clauses in other jurisdiction. This includes transfer to the Suppliers or other third parties.
2.Where We use Suppliers /third parties /providers in US, We may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to the Personal Data shared between the European Union and the US.
3.We may additionally, in rare occasions, transfer Your Personal Data to a party outside EEA where We have Your prior explicit consent do so or where such transfer is necessary for the provision of Our Services to You.
4.We may also transfer your Personal Data on need basis to Our subsidiaries or sister companies outside UK.
11. MARKTING INFORMATION /OPTING OUT
We may process Your personal data so as to inform You about existing /future services by sending You periodic announcements. You have right to object at any time to the processing of Your Personal Data for marketing purposes by clicking on the opt-out link given at the bottom of marketing emails We send to You. We provide all Users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications. If You do not want to receive commercial email or other mail from Us, You can opt-out of receiving information by using the “unsubscribe” option in any marketing e-mail or send an email at [email protected]
12. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may keep the Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain Your personal Data for longer period in the event of a complaint or if We reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect of Our relationship with You.
The amount, nature and sensitivity of Your Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of Your Personal Data, the purpose for which We process Your Personal Data and whether We can achieve those purposes through other means and applicable legal requirement shall also be basis of determination of the retention period.
Where We no longer need to process Your Personal Data, We will delete the same from Our system. However, We may keep Your data for longer if We cannot delete it for legal, regulatory or technical reasons. If We do, We will make sure that Your privacy is protected and that Your data are only used for those purposes.
For any query regarding data retention practices, please contact Us by sending email at [email protected]
13. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
Our full endeavour is to make You aware about Your rights in relation to Your Personal data We process. You may exercise following rights /option:
1.You can get access or receive a copy of Your Personal Data that We Hold and to check that We are lawfully processing it.
2.If You believe that Your information We hold is inaccurate or incomplete, You can correct it or have right to request that We correct such inaccurate Personal information.
3.You may request that We delete Your personal information if You belief that : (a) We no longer need to process Your information for the purpose for which it was provided, (b) You wish to withdraw Your content for permission to process Your personal information, or (c) We are not using Your information in lawful manner.
4.If You don’t want to use our services, You always have the option to delete Your account with Us.
5. However, You should understand that as a result of deleting Your personal information, You will lose access to most of Our Services.
Further, there is a grace period of 45 days before We proceed for erasure of Your personal data pursuant to your request. During the grace period You will be allowed to restore your account. The grace period functionality allows You not to lose any important information and options by mistake. After the expiration of the grace period, however Your account will be deleted.
6. You have the right to object the processing of Your Personal data where We are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about Your particular situation which makes You want to object to processing on this ground. If You exercise Your right to object, We will no longer process Your personal data unless We can demonstrate compelling legitimate ground for the processing which override Your interest, rights and freedom or for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims.
If You object to processing for direct marketing purposes, then We will stop the processing of Your Personal data for such purposes. Depending upon circumstances, We may need to restrict or cease processing Your Personal data altogether or, where requested, delete Your Personal Data.
If You object Us processing Your personal data, We may have to suspend the Services We provide to You.
7. You may request for restriction of processing Your personal data if, (a) it is not accurate; or (b) it has been used unlawfully but You don’t want to delete it; or (c) it is not relevant any more, but You want us to keep it for use in the possible legal claims; or (d) You have already asked us to stop using Your Personal data but You are waiting for us to confirm if We have legitimate grounds to use Your Personal Data.
If You request restriction of processing Your personal data, We may have to suspend the Services We provide to You.
8.When We have requested Your permission to process Your Personal Data or You have provided Us with information for the purposes of entering into a contract with You, You have the right to receive the personal data You provided Us in a portable format. You may also request Us to provide it directly to a third party, if technically feasible. We are not responsible for any such third party use of Your account information, which will be governed by their agreement with You and any privacy statement they provided to You.
Please note that some request to delete certain personal data will require deletion of Your account as a subscriber as the provision of Subscriber Account is inextricably linked to use of certain personal data (e.g. Your email address). Also note that it is possible that We require additional information from You in order to verify Your authorisation to make the request and to honor Your request.
To exercise any of Your rights, or if You have any other questions about Our use of Your Personal data, please contact us by sending email at [email protected]
14. REVIEW & UPDATE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
When You are signed in, You can always access, modify, review, and update information provided during the registration process. You can also review and control information saved in Your account. If You don’t want to use our services, You have always option to delete Your account with Us.
15. RIGHT TO COMPLAIN
You also have the right to complain to the Data Protection supervisory authority of the country in which You reside, Provided that such country is a Member state of the European Union or is located within EEA.
16. POLICY TOWARDS MINORS
Our Website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18) or below the applicable age of minority in the jurisdiction form which the Website is accessed and We don’t knowingly collect Personal data from minors. If You become aware that Your Child has provided us with Personal data, please contact Us immediately by email at [email protected] If We become aware that a minor has provided Us with Personal Data, We will take steps to remove such information and terminate that person’s account immediately.
17. THIRD PARTY WEBSITE /SERVICE SITE
When You click on a Service Site/Third Party website or Link, You will be entering another website over which We have no control and will bear no responsibility. Often these websites including the payment gateway website require You to enter Your Personal Information. We encourage You to read the privacy statements on all such websites.
18. CHANGES /AMENDMENT
20. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions or inactions of any third party that receive Your personal information. Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, We shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A “Force Majeure Event” shall mean any event that is beyond Our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes, lockouts or industrial action of any kind, riots, epidemic, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, civil disturbances, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, and any other similar events not within Our control and which We are not able to overcome.
You undertake to indemnify and keep Us (and /or Ours Partner, Shareholders Directors, Employees, Investors, Agents, etc) harmless, and any other third party who may be relying on the information provided by You and in the event You are in breach of this policy.
23. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We own all rights in the mark ‘Kooku’. All rights in respect of this trademark are hereby expressly reserved. Unless otherwise indicated, all other trademarks appearing on the Website are the property of their respective owners.
‘Kooku Digital Limited’ is the owner & operator of https://www.kooku.app (referred to as “Website”). The Purpose of this document is for you to read and duly understand the terms of this Policy (“Cookies’ Policy” or “Policy”).
By browsing the Website, it shall be deemed that you have thoroughly read, understood; and acknowledge, agree and consent to the terms of this Cookies’ Policy. Further, by doing so, you also confirm and consent for the Website’s usage of cookies and other such tracking technologies.
If you don’t wish to accept cookies from the Website, you can configure your web browser so that it does not accept cookies; however, by doing so certain features of the Website may be inaccessible to you.
This Cookies’ Policy explains:
2. Your choices as to whether we can put cookies on your computer or mobile, tablet and other similar handheld device (“Computer or device”).
The term “Personal Data” as used in this Policy mean the data which identifies you as an individual and may include your name or online identifiers such as your Browser type and IP Address.
1. What are Cookies:
A “cookie” is a small text file. When you visit the website or use an application, the website/application sends cookies to your computer or device. Your computer or device stores cookies in a file located inside your web borrower.
Different types of cookies keep track of different activities. The same have been explained in Clause 4 hereinbelow.
The purpose of the cookies is to help the Website keep track of your visits and activities. These cookies allow us to recognise users, tailor the contents of our Website to fit the needs of Website Visitors, and improve user’s experience. These cookies allow us to keep a record of your most recent visit or to record your log in information; to obtain information about your visits and about the device you use to access the Website; your IP address, pseudonymous identifiers, operating system, browser type, and depending on the cookie, also include the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
We deploy cookies to:
1.Provide online services more suited to computer or device you connect; and /or
2. To prevent and detect fraud and keep your connection secure; and /or
3.When you visit our Website from any computer or device, we collect information about your use of Website, such as information about the device or browser you use to access the Website (including device type, operating system, screen resolution etc.), the way you interact with this Website, and the IP Address your computer or device connect from. You may not be able to initiate or complete some activities with our online services unless cookies or similar technologies are installed.
1.Provide products and services that you request and to provide a secure online environment; and /or
2.Manage our marketing relationship; and /or
3.Give you a better online experience and track website performance; and /or
4.Help us make our website more relevant to you.
4. Cookies Categories
This clause explains each cookie categories in more detail. The length of time a cookie stays on your computer or device depends on its type. We use following types of cookies on our Website:
These are the temporary cookies which only exist, during the time you use the Website (or more strictly, until you close the relevant browser). Session cookies help our website remember what your chose in the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information and improve your experience whilst using the Website.
These are the cookies which stay on your computer or device after you have closed your browser and remain in your browser’s sub-folders until they expire or you delete them. These cookies can further be sub-divided into following categories:
A. Authentication cookies:
These cookies enable a user to log into our website and recognize such user when navigating website. These cookies are the essential cookies and used to keep the Website secure.
These cookies remember your preferences and tailor the Website to provide enhanced feature or personalised online experience. These cookies enable (a) log in faster by recognising you if you are logged into the Website, and (b) remember the relevant information as you browse from page to page to save you re-entering the same information repeatedly.
These cookies maintain online security and protect against malicious activities and /or violation of our User Agreement.
These cookies are used to understand and analyse how you use and explore the Website and look for ways to improve it. These can also be used to test new advertisements, pages, or features to gauge user/s reaction. These Analytics cookies may be our own or third party cookies and include Google Analytics.
5. Third Parties cookies
We strongly advise and recommend you to check Privacy and Cookies Policies of those Third Party Websites for information about the cookies they may use and collection of the personal data. We don’t accept any responsibility for any content contained in these Third Party Websites
6. You may please note:
1.You have option to delete or turning off one of more types of cookies. However same will not delete any data that have been downloaded /collected in past, and we may still use the data collected up to that point of action of deleting or turning off. However upon such deleting or turning off we will stop collecting new data.
2.You can turn off or delete cookies in your browser. If you do this, it may affect Website or our certain services and also affect Websites that use similar cookies.
3.Some of our cookies collect data for more than one use. We will use these cookies only for essential purposes, unless you have given your consent to any other use they have.
7. Controlling and deleting cookies
On you first visit or visits you may see a pop-up to inform you that cookies are being used. Although this pop-up may not usually appear on subsequent visits.
You may withdraw your cookie consent at any time by changing your browser or device setting.
You can set up your browser / device setting to delete or refuse some or all the cookies, or to be notified when you are sent a cookies and therefore, choose whether or not to accept it. You may delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our Website any time.
If you do delete some or all your cookies, some functionality on our Website may be disables and as result you may not be able to access certain part or feature of our Website and your browsing experience of our Website may be affected.
To find out more about cookies (including that of managing and deleting them) you may visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Alternatively you may search internet for other independent information on cookies.